Slow Knowing Deep Learning
Losing Our Way
Live zoom session https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86419703983
3.30pm – 5pm UK time Meeting ID: 864 1970 3983 Passcode: 113544
Setting the Scene
Here’s some questions I asked in activity one, lesson one:
- What are your passions, values, experiences?
- Your hopes, errors, confusions?
- What makes a great learning community?
My suggestion for this lesson is for you to spend time in a way that is useful to you.
The idea that came to mind is for something creative in response to your engagement with the course.
This could be something to anchor and archive your experiences, a poem or painting, a series of photos, a mind map or blog, for instance.
Or it could be a dance, an intentional walk, some sort of ritual or ceremony.
I began with the questions to provide possible prompts, but obviously feel free to wander where you will!
That’s it folks. I offer my appreciation for you as an ingredient in the mix if that feels right for you.
- Nottingham Contemporary have free online study groups, including Slow Reading for Catastrophic Times, which seemed might be a follow-on if you’re after such a thing.
- This is a minute clip from towards the end of a solo theatre show I did, shared as my creative response to learning about dietetics/life/trauma/social metabolism.
- Bayo Akomolafe talks about losing our way in the podcast Finding Our Way with Prentis Hemphill. Perturbing and inspiring.
Plus, a more general resource share from Nikki –
“A wonderful series of talks on body liberation produced through UCLA. Here is a little clip as a teaser …