Training Courses Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Service
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) AS IT SHALL GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHOULD BE READ CAREFULLY PRIOR TO ANY ACCESS AND UTILIZATION OF THIS SITE. YOUR FURTHER USE HEREAFTER SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR VOLUNTARY AND TOTAL AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW, PLEASE CEASE ALL FURTHER USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
By accessing or using this Website and its Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you agree to and to abide by these Terms & Conditions. Any registration by, use of or access to the Website and its Content by anyone under age 18 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms & Conditions.
Use of Content
Lucy Aphramor, PhD, RD as sole proprietor of www.lucyaphramor.com, referred to as “THE WEBSITE”, provides all its associated content for informational purposes ONLY. As such, you acknowledge that any and all website content shall not establish the following: a counseling or coaching relationship, health care service(s), professional counseling, and (or) a client/patient – dietitian relationship.
Your continued use of this website also acknowledges your understanding that any and all application of its contents is not a sufficient replacement for individual advice tailored to your needs and circumstances from a qualified nutrition or mental health professional. Consequently, please contact a qualified nutrition, healthcare or mental health professional (including Lucy) if you feel you need personal support or advice.
Lucy Aphramor will not be held liable for any instances of harm affecting yourself and (or) others as a result of your reliance on this website and all its contents.
Unless otherwise stated, all content, including words, photos, videos, downloads, including free materials and paid-for coaching courses, are copyright to Lucy Aphramor, PhD, RD. All rights reserved. I’m delighted to have you share my work as appropriate – please label it as my work and content, and link back to the original source.
Comments, questions and insights are welcomed on any blog posts. I thank you in advance for your contributions to the blog dialogue. I reserve the right to remove any comments that I deem inappropriate or detrimental to the overall goals of this website or that are disrespectful or promote oppression of and/or stigma towards any person or group of people or other non-human harm.
Payment and Refund Policy
All payments must be paid in full prior to the scheduled activity. All payments of fees must be made in pounds sterling. Any currency conversion costs or other charges incurred in connection with the payment are due in addition to the session or course fees. For workshops and trainings, terms of deposit made on enrollment and when to pay the remaining balance prior to the event will be made known. Payments can be made via direct bank deposit or paypal.
If we agree on a partial payment schedule, you must pay the full balance, even if you decide to withdraw from the activity.
Changes and cancellations.
- Individual sessions. You may reschedule or cancel a session with full reimbursement up to 48 hours in advance. After this time, there are no changes or reimbursements. In the event you miss a payment orand fail to show up for a session, I or a member of my team will reach out. If you are unable to respond within the next 48 hours our agreement may be terminated.
- Group programmes and retreats: Refunds, less a 20% administration fee, will be made if cancellations are received in writing up to six weeks before the course start date. Any cancellations received after this time will not be eligible for a refund. I regret that refunds for failure to attend cannot be made.
Courses have minimum required attendance levels and Lucy reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course if the minimum required number of learners has not been enrolled. In this case, a date for making a final decision will be made known and Lucy will endeavour to inform learners with as much notice as possible. If the course is cancelled fees received in respect of the course will be refunded in full. If the course is postponed learners may elect to attend the course in future or receive a refund.
For several of the trainings, groups are small to facilitate work in a specific learning environment. If you are interested in an activity for which the group is already full, you may join a waiting list by paying a deposit. In the event that you are not called to participate this deposit will be fully reimbursed.
Payments processed by PayPal
PayPal UK is fully responsible for any and all transactions processed through its portal. The buyer can always contact Lucy for mediation and assistance with any problem, but ultimate responsibility for the payment platform lies within PayPal.
If, when registering to any of my services or events, you have the experience of feeling manipulated, fear of missing out, scarcity, or the belief that any resistance is “simply an excuse and you don’t want it enough” please don’t enroll/pay. I do not wish to be complicit in creating this experience for you. If you notice ambivalence and are curious about exploring it in a safe space, please schedule a 1:1 appointment with me, let’s talk about it.
You may email Lucy if you want further information about coaching or counseling services. Any emails received will constitute your acknowledgment of understanding:
- Emails are not encrypted;
- Secured transmission of your email is not guaranteed. Any and all sensitive information should be shared via telephone or more secured methods;
- Emails do not automatically create client/coach or client/dietitian confidentiality. Please consider this as you choose what to divulge in your initial email. **IMPORTANT** any subsequent phone calls or consultations will be subject to confidentiality to the extent permitted by law.
- Immediate responses are not guaranteed. Responses to email will occur as quickly as circumstances dictate, usually within 24-72 working hours. This means that weekends and holidays can be times when there will be a longer waiting period.